Continuing with the series on rethinking the Reconciliation Barometer. Extensive work has and still is ongoing within the Institute for Justice and Reconciliation on rethinking the Reconciliation Barometer. This task entailed conceptual qualitative research, psychometric validation and the analysis of the survey questions.
- Conceptual Qualitative Research
- Expert survey conducted in 2010.
- Qualitative focus group research conducted in 2011.
- Internal workshop on creatively conceptualising reconciliation was held within IJR.
- External workshop with expert stakeholders namely media, civil society, academics and government was held on rethinking reconciliation.
- Psychometric validation of the Reconciliation Barometer measurement scales.
- Measured the validity (establishes whether the test measures what it sets out to measure) and reliability (the number of times a test produces stable and constant results) of the current survey items.
Professor Rajen Govender, Helen McDonald and Dr Kim Wale have been extensively involved is this process and in ensuring that the rethinking of the Reconciliation Barometer covered all the crucial issues.
Let us know if there are any questions you would like in the new survey #Rethinking SARB