• Minimum of a Masters degree in Political Science, African Studies, International Relations or related;
• Experience and knowledge of the SADC region, specifically Zimbabwe and Swaziland;
• Experience in transitional justice and peace-building research and community interventions; and,
• Minimum 7 years work experience in the NGO sector.
• Project planning, strategic thinking, planning, and management skills;
• Excellent research, writing and communication skills, including media;
• Fundraising and budget control and good organisational skills; and,
• English fluency.
Responsibilities will include:
• Research and analysis of the political situation and transitional justice in Zimbabwe, Swaziland and the SADC region;
• Designing and implementing in-country community interventions;
• Writing and editing, including books, occasional papers and reports, and articles;
• Developing funding proposals and reporting to donors; and
• Organising and coordinating meetings and conferences; and,
• Developing and maintaining relations with key stakeholders in the region.
Applications are due by 31 August for commencement on 1 October. Please click here for full application details.