The IJR is currently inviting applications for the position of Project Leader for the Ashley Kriel Youth Leadership initiative, within the Building an Inclusive Society programme. The deadline is tomorrow!
The project was inspired by Cape Flats youth leader and anti-apartheid activist Ashley Kriel, who was murdered by the apartheid regime in the 1980s. It aims to commemorate the contribution of South African youth to the struggle against oppression, exploitation and exclusion on the basis of race, gender and class.
- Bachelor’s degree in Humanities, Social Sciences or Commerce (Masters degree an added advantage);
- Knowledge and passion for issues of reconciliation and transition in South Africa;
- Excellent writing, communication, and media skills;
- Experience in administration, budgeting and fundraising, and project planning, management and implementation;
- Research and data analysis skills; and
- Fluency in a South African language other than English.
Full details are available (in PDF) here. We look forward to hearing from you!