- Strong research experience;
- excellent writing skills;
- proficiency in Word, Excel and PowerPoint (SPSS an added advantage);
- ability to work independently and with attention to detail, and
- competency in an African language other than English and Afrikaans would be an added advantage.
- Research assistance;
- statistical and qualitative data analysis;
- writing short articles and research briefs for the Inclusive Economies and SA Reconciliation Barometer projects, and
- logistical and administrative support to programme staff.
Applicants should be in possession of, or in the process of completing a postgraduate degree in Political Studies, Public Administration, Development Studies, or a related discipline.
Documents required for application:
Please submit a cover letter, along with your CV (including three contactable referees) and an example of a short essay or research paper (1000 words maximum) to Ms. Margo Newman – firstname.lastname@example.org.
Closing Date: 2012-04-26
An initial three-month contract will be offered, with the possibility of renewal. Applicants from South Africa and other African countries are encouraged to apply.
Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.